In order to make STB as responsive and enjoyable as possible, we collect information when you visit. Here we shall provide a summary of what information we collect online, and how STB uses that information so that you can feel comfortable taking advantage of the offers on our website.
What is personal information?
In general terms, privacy legislation defines "personal information" as information on an identifiable individual or information that allows an individual to be identified. This policy summary more specifically addresses the personal information we collect, use and disclose. This may include your name, home address, billing and account information, telephone number, personal email address and other information incidental to providing goods and services to you.
Information we collect online.
1. General Browsing
STB collects information about where visitors navigate to on our website. This allows us to see which areas are most visited, giving us an idea of where we should improve the online experience, as well as giving some idea of what people are enjoying about our website. This is not personal information and is not used as an identifier of individuals. Additional non-personal information (for example, domain type, browser version, service provider, IP address) may be collected to provide information regarding the general use of STB.
2. Personal Information
When contacting us for inquiries, help or simply providing feedback, we may collect the information you provide, such as name, e-mail adress or any other information held within the main body of your message.
3. Sign Up for Mailing List
When signing up to our mailing list, you will be asked to provide your name, gender, postal address and e-mail address. We use this to provide pertinent information to you on STB products via e-mail and regular postal mail.
4. E-mailing an Item to a Friend
When an online user e-mails an item to a friend from STB, the designated recipient receives the sender's name and e-mail address, as well as any information entered within the message itself. We do not retain or review the names or e-mail addresses of the sender or recipient, provided by the sender in E-mail-A-Friend. Likewise, STB does not retain or review any information provided within the message.
5. Purchasing at the Online Store
When purchasing products through STB, we will gather personal information (i.e. name, billing and delivery address information, e-mail address, and telephone number.) We will also gather information about the purchases themselves, which we may combine with your store purchase information.
STB does not store debit or credit card information on our system. Payment details are taken via the SagePay or PayPal portal. The details are encrypted and we do not recieve them. Along with many other steps we have taken, this ensures the security and safety of your information through the highest levels of encryption security.
Using information we collect online
The information collected at STB is used for the following purposes:
- To understand the needs and preferences of our customers, and to develop, market, sell or provide products and services that the customer may desire. Surveys, research and evaluations may also be conducted.
- To complete your transaction for goods or process your return or exchange.
- To manage and develop STB's business and operations, including administration of accounts and the collection and process of payments.
- To detect and protect against error, negligence, fraud, theft and other illegal activities for the sake of STB and other third parties, and to audit compliance with policies.
As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions.
Information we share with third parties
1. Purchase Information And E-mail Addresses. STB has a policy stating that we do not sell or rent e-mail addresses to third parties under ANY circumstances.
2. Purchase Information And Postal Addresses. STB has a policy stating that we do not sell or rent postal addresses to third parties under ANY circumstances.
3. Service Providers. Please be aware that STB may use third parties for services such as fulfilling orders, processing payments, organising information, serving site content, monitoring site activity, conducting surveys and administering e-mails. Such third parties may have access to personal information to provide these services on behalf of STB. They may not use your information for any other purpose.
5. Storage in the United Kingdom. We store and process personal information in the United Kingdom. Our third party service providers may also store and process personal information in the United Kingdom in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act of 1998. Personal information may be subject to disclosure under the laws of the United Kingdom.
STB uses a browser feature known as a cookie. This assigns a unique identification to your computer. These cookies typically become stored in your computer's hard drive and can be easily removed. STB uses information collected from this identifier to evaluate the effectiveness of our website through the analysis of trends, which we can the use to administer the website. The information allows us to determine such trends as which parts of our website are most visited, as well as helping to identify difficulties our visitors may experience in accessing our website. We then use this knowledge to improve the quality of your browsing experience by resolving difficulties and accentuating or adding more of the clearly desired features.
By submitting personal information to STB, you are agreeing to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the purposes stated above, as well as those required by law.
1. Email Addresses. If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from STB, you may click the unsubscribe link on STB newsletter e-mails. Please note, if you request to unsubscribe from our e-mail marketing list, you may still receive e-mail confirmations for orders placed on STB.
2. Postal Addresses. If you no longer wish to receive marketing materials from STB via regular postal mail, simply contact us to let us know and we will remove you from our postal mailing list.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Upon your written request, we will inform you of the use and general disclosure of your personal information. We will also provide a copy of the information we have retained. There may be a minimal charge for accessing your personal information.
Please send such written requests to STB, Privacy Request, 49 Forest Road, Leicester, LE5 0DW. Please include your name, address and e-mail address so that we may verify whether we retain any personal information about you.
Privacy of children on our website
STB is not directed at people under the age of 18, and no one under the age of 18 should provide personal information on this website.
For your convenience and enjoyment, STB may contain links to other websites. We do not evaluate nor are we responsible for the privacy practices or content of such websites. We urge you to review the privacy policies of each website to ensure you are comfortable with their privacy policies and practices.
STB limits the number of employees that can access our databases of personal data. STB employees are also advised of the importance of confidentiality.
The STB online store has been designed to only accept orders from Web browsers that allow communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This includes 4.0 versions or higher of Netscape Navigator, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox & Safari. Browsers that do not meet this requirement will be prevented from navigating the online store of STB.